Kody's Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes I keep getting the same questions, so here's a handy page.
I said "hi" and you never replied.
What GNU/Linux distro should I use?
If you're new, try Linux Mint.
Want to play with fire?
Install Gentoo Go for Arch Linux.
Middle ground? Maybe Manjaro.
What software do you use?
Nowadays I'm mainly using Windows but almost everything is cross-platform.
- Anime Tracker: AniList + Taiga.moe (Windows) or MAL-Sync (browser)
- Browser: Firefox
- Code Editor: Visual Studio Code with way too many extensions
- Image Viewer: qimgv
- Mail Client: Thunderbird (desktop) / FairMail (mobile)
- Media Center: Emby
- Media Player: MPV
- Password Manager: Bitwarden
- Podcast Player: Pocket Casts (mobile + web)
- RSS Reader: FreshRSS
- Torrent Client: Deluge
What anime do you recommand?
I'm not good at recommendations but there we go.
So, do you want...
Some action with giant robots in space?
Fucked up families with kids being forced to go inside what looks like giant robots?
(I don't mind if it's only the 4 movies.)
A frenetic coming-of-age tale bursting with surrealism and teenage angst, with a lot of western cartoon vibes?
A slow-paced, life-like, and great coming-of-age story?
March comes in like a lion
Great comedy, absurd even, try Nichijou.
A raunchy, irreverent, and over-the-top anime parody?
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Something a bit dark with time-travel and conspiracies?
Something pretty, well animated and with a great story?
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things to realize their dreams?
A Place Further Than the Universe
Funny show with a shy introvert trying to be popular?
Bocchi the Rock
Comfy camping? Yeah.
Dating crazy waifus?
Date A Live
Yuri, the purest form of love?
Bloom Into You
A good written (90% talking), visually captivating, and surnatural show? Go for the Monogatari series.
Here's the order I agree with.
My trash Isekai of choice?
A manga to read?
I'm not that much of a reader.
The only manga I would recommand, is already complete, and that I've completed too is
We follow the story of a girl who has a syndrome that makes her half-cat.
She mets a cat magnet and tries to make some friends.
It's cute, it's funny, it's full of catgirls, and only 100 chapters.
For other ongoing stuff (as of mid-2023) may I suggest...
【Oshi no Ko】,
really weird start where two people get reincarnated as the kids of a really big idol
(and of course have memories of their past life) but things take a bad turn.
But it's mainly about those two kids who are going to grow in Japan's (harsh)
entertainment industry. The story is kinda meh, where the kids want to find who killed their mom,
but we can learn a lot of how that industry works.
I recommand starting with the Scanlations from "Ai's fanclub" where oldpier writes interesting explanations
at the end of some chapters.
a dark, psychological drama, where a boy is stuck growing and living in the same city,
with family problems and dreams of going to Tokyo. And someday, he meets a particuliar
girl who suggests something that will change his life.
Spoilers: not in a good way.
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
is a romcom of a boy, member of the arts club, and his junior, a sporty and teasing girl.
At the start the bullying is quite strong but the duo start to get closer together and have fun and cute times.
Some personal things...
- André is my real name but some IRL friends do call me Kody too.
I picked my username based on my cousin's: "TheKody".
My original username was "minikody1997" and kept getting shorter: "minikody", "mkody97", "mkody", "0kody".
- When I was looking to buy a .ch domain I made a typo and forgot the "o". When I saw that it was available at normal price... I just went with it, it's rare!
- I used to have a dog but now I'm apparently not comfortable around pets anymore. I want to get a cat at some point.
- I'm not a fan of reading books. Too many words and I loose focus fast. The only exception being comics/manga, yeah I need pictures.
- I like Nespresso coffee, the "Cosi" one.
- I'm sensible to certain textures and tastes with food and have an immediate gag reflex with seafood and many vegetable. I'm really a picky eater.
- My first language is French. I've learned a bit of Portuguese from my parents and English by myself and at school. Spanish and Italian are close enough to the other languages I know so I can understand quite a bit. I'd like to properly learn Japanese, I know some phrases and words but not enough for a conversation. And I almost forgot everything from my German classes.
- My lucky number is 8.
- I used to sing a lot and join the after-school chorale. But since my teenage voice change I feel like I just can't sing anymore.
- If I loose some weight, I'd love to cross-dress. (I just want to wear nice clothes.)